Subject: Re: Autotracers
From: Darren Metcalfe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 09:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 8 Aug 1994, Donald Drennan wrote:

> Is there any product out there for Amiga that will convert Adobe
> Illustrator or Aldus Freehand files or EPS files to 3D objects or curves
> that can be extruded?
> 
> Don Drennan
> Drentech Productions

I posted earlier our solution to this, it's a severe pain but it gets the 
job done.  I neglected to mention that once you have the item as a 
Illustrator EPS you need to run it through Art Expression and output DR2D 
to import into Typesmith.  Then you can save the Postscript PFB Font for 
importing into Modeler.

This is quite frustrating since Modeler already has the ability to 
convert fonts why not straight EPS drawings?  Looks like all that would 
be needed is the interface, the "engine" is already there. Stuart?  This 
is on the list for 4.0 right?  Oh, good, thanks a lot. ;)

Darren Metcalfe                               i-media corporation
[email-masked]       Interactive, Animation, Post-Production
 "You can have a lot of fun with people mired in computer nuance,
   watch this, has anybody seen the mouse for my Amiga?" - Joel